What is World Plumbing Day?
Posted on March 9th, 2017 by DLWPO
Every year on March 11th, the World Plumbing Council, an international organization, recognizes the important role that plumbing plays in our lives. While we take our running kitchen faucet and flushing toilet for granted, many people around the world do not have access to these luxuries.
- Only 63% of the World Population Has Access to Improved Sanitation.
- 663 million people (1 out of 10) do not have access to clean water.
- 2.4 billion people (1 out of 3) do not have access to a toilet.
- More people have a mobile phone than have a toilet.
- The world water crisis is the number one global risk based on the impact is has on society.
- An estimated 801,000 children younger than five years old die from diarrhea each year (usually caused by sanitation issues).
- Unsafe drinking water, inadequate water for hygiene and lack of access to sanitation contribute to about 88% of deaths from diarrhea.
Access to running water and proper sanitation is essential for health. If you run into any problems with your home plumbing, do not hesitate to contact our professionals here at Pipe Wrench Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. Visit our website to learn more about the services that we offer or you can call 865-583-3957 to speak with a representative directly.
Don’t forget to follow us on our social pages for more plumbing, heating, and cooling tips!